Thursday, April 29, 2010

蛋花雞湯麵 Egg Drop Chicken Noodle Soup

After finishing eating the rotisserie chicken from Costco, I used the leftover bones to make a pot of chicken stock.  Simply add onion, celery, carrot, and water, simmer for 1~2 hours, then you will get a pot of tasty http://www.eileenlikestoeat.commade chicken stock.


蛋花雞湯麵 Egg Drop Chicken Noodle Soup

I made a bowl of Egg Drop Chicken Noodle Soup for Dr. P using the chicken stock when he came http://www.eileenlikestoeat.com working late that night.  Cook noodle in a pot.  I used soba noodle.  Beat 1 egg in a bowl.  Heat up the stock.  When the stock boils, turn down the heat.  Using one hand to pour the egg into the soup slowly, while stirring with chopsticks (or fork/spoon) using the other hand.  I had some chicken meat from the rotisserie chicken so I added that also.  Season with salt, white pepper, and sesame oil.  Then add the cooked noodle into the egg drop chicken soup.  Done!  Well.... I wish I had some cilantro in the fridge... it'll make the soup taste even better!

Very simple recipe.  Very hearty bowl of noodle soup.

1 comment:

  1. When I was walking at the park last night, two Chinese women were talking about making chicken soup by using the rotisserie chicken they got from Costco. I wonder if they read your blog as well :)

    haha you're funny.
    I think a lot of people make stock from the Costco chicken.
    I learned that from my mom actually.

    ReplyDelete