Thursday, May 31, 2012

[Industry] [Coffee/Tea] Half & Half Tea Express

Half & Half Tea Express
伴伴堂

18558 Gale Ave #152
Industry, CA 91748
(626)965-4800

After dinner, we stopped by at Half & Half in the same plaza to get a drink.


芋頭布丁波霸奶茶 Iced Milk Drink w/ Taro Pudding and Honey Boba
山粉圓愛玉金桔檸檬 Lemon Kumquat w/ Sesame Boba and Amber Jelly

Dr. P ordered Iced Milk Drink with Taro Pudding and Honey Boba. He liked it a lot. I like their honey boba.

I wanted to try something different, and ordered Lemon Kumquat with Sesame Boba and Amber Jelly. At first I thought sesame boba was boba with sesame flavor. But turns out that it was a seed from a plant called chia. Chia seed can be prepared the same way as boba. It looks like mini white boba with a dark center, and it was kinda crunchy and chewy at the same time. I love it! I think I'm always going to order drinks with sesame boba from now on.

Where can I find drinks with sesame boba (chia seeds) in Orange County?

2 comments:

  1. Add them to drinks yourself! They are also known as basil seeds and you can purchase them in Asian grocery stores. Just soak them in a bowl of water and watch them grow! Haha Vietnamese ppl put them in dessert drinks

    Do I need to cook them in sugar water to make them sweet?
    Does it naturally have flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice name for chia seeds! No, you don't have to cook the seeds, you can just soak them in cold water and perhaps a sweetener of your choice to make them sweet. It doesn't have much flavor, besides being slightly sweet. You should be able to find them at Whole Foods for about 10-15 dollars a pound (organic), I saw a large display at my local one recently.

    Thanks for the tip.
    I can't wait to try to make this at home.

    ReplyDelete