Thursday, May 31, 2012

[Aliso Viejo] [Vegetarian] Native Foods

Native Foods
26705 Aliso Creek Rd # E
Aliso Viejo,CA 92656-4803
(949) 831-1926
http://www.nativefoods.com

Sister came to visit on Memorial Day. We decided to have a food tour day around my house. We ate so much in one day that by the end of the day, we looked like two preggies. But it sure was fun! haha.... Our first stop was Native Foods.


Very Voluptuous Veggie Pizza ($7.95)
Creamy pesto, grilled veggies and kale, roasted pumpkin seeds with a balsamic drizzle. Back by popular demand!

Very Voluptous Veggie Pizza was topped with delicious sauteed kale. I love the balsamic on the pizza. Their pesto was really delicious. Pizza bread was airy and soft.


BBQ Love Burger ($9.95)
Thinly sliced Native Original Seitan slathered in smokehouse BBQ sauce and topped with crunchy Asian sesame slaw. A traditional Native favorite for Summer.

I ordered BBQ Love Burger because it was the special of the day. You get a free side order with it. The burger was pretty good. We enjoyed their BBQ sauce. The sweet potato fries was super yummy!


Greek Gyro Bowl ($9.95)
Our thinly sliced peppered Seitan sautèed with shallots on organic quinoa, steamed vegetables, organic greens, lemon garlic sauce and hummus. Served with grilled flatbread.

My sister liked the Greek Gyro Bowl's sauce a lot. I didn't like it too much when we ate it at the restaurant. I thought it was too sour. But I had the leftover with some Chinese spicy chili sauce, and it turned really good.



I like it how they provide mint leaves and lemon for you to add to water.

Every time after Native Foods, I thought to myself, "hey if I can eat like this everyday, who needs meat?"

No comments:

Post a Comment