Monday, May 21, 2012

[Costa Mesa] [Japanese] Ramen Yamadaya

Ramen Yamadaya
1175 Baker St
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 556-0091
http://ramen-yamadaya.com

After OC Tastefest, we went to a nearby Starbucks to get some coffee. While sitting there, I started browsing nearby restaurants with my Yelp app. I mentioned to Dr. P that this ramen place called Yamadaya has a 4 stars review. We should try it next time. He replied, "why next time? Let's go now!"



So here we were at Ramen Yamadaya.



We were still full from the Tastefest, so decided to order a ramen + appetizer + rice bowl set to share.


Kara-age Chicken

Kara-age Chicken wasn't as soft and juicy as I like it to be, but it was acceptable.


Tonkotsu Ramen ($7.95) + Yamadaya Topping ($2.00)

Tonkotsu Ramen was very rich, and very delicious. We added Yamadaya Topping, which I assumed was everything (?). I especially like their stewed pork belly and perfectly cooked egg. Super yummy!



Dr. P requested to add fresh garlic to the ramen. Our waiter brought us raw garlic with a presser. The ramen tasted so good with garlic, seriously!


Mapo Tofu Bowl ($4.30)

Mapo Tofu Bowl was also very good. It wasn't as spicy as the Chinese version, but just equally delicious.



Then I wished we didn't spend $24 to go to OC Tastefest, and just went to Ramen Yamadaya for dinner instead!

1 comment:

  1. I love this place!! The one closest to me is next to UCLA. They give you free extra noodles if you show a student ID :) Not sure if this location has the same offer though...

    Yes, they have the same offer.
    Maybe that'll be a reason for me to go back to school again? haha....

    ReplyDelete