Saturday, May 26, 2012

[Cook] Mediterranean Breakfast Sandwich

Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast 24/7: 5 Ingredient, 15 minute recipes is my favorite cookbook currently. All the recipes are fast, easy, light, and very very flavorful. I want to share what I've made from this cookbook this week. I didn't make the dishes exactly as the recipes in the book. I tried to utilized what ingredients I have on hand and to our own taste. I'm going to post my own version of recipes. If you would like to see the original recipes, you would have to purchase the cookbook.


Mediterranean Breakfast Sandwich

Olive oil
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped jarred artichoke hearts
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
Bread

1. Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with olive oil. Add bell pepper; saute 3 minutes. Add artichokes; saute 1 minute. Remove pepper mixture from pan. Clean pan and coat with olive oil.

2. Combine egg, egg white, and oregano in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add egg mixture to pan; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Do not stir until mixture begins to set on bottom. Add pepper mixture and cheese. Draw a heat-resistant spatula through egg mixture to form large curds. Do not stir constantly. Cook just until egg mixture is thickened, but still moist. Add baby spinach leaves; cook 1 minute.

3. Serve egg mixture with bread.

Yield: 1 serving

(Adapted from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast 24/7: 5 Ingredient, 15 minute recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment