Saturday, September 17, 2011

[Lake Forest] [Seafood] Boneheads

Boneheads
23704 El Toro Road
Lake Forest, CA 92630
(949) 581-3474
http://www.go2boneheads.com

I found some pictures from my phone. Sometime when I forget to bring my camera, I take pictures with my phone. Then I forget about the pictures in my phone. Man, my memory is getting worth as I get older. :-( Anyway, we went to Boneheads a while back because I got two coupons. One was for a free appetizer, and one was for buy one get one free. I read this place is a lot like California Fish Grill, except they also serve chicken.


Boneheads Shrimp ($7.49)
Crispy Shrimp tossed in a spicy aioli with a hint of Piri Piri

The nice clerk let us used both coupons at the same time. For our free appetizer, we got Boneheads Shrimp. These "popcorn" shrimp was really really good. The crispy shrimp was seasoned perfectly. It tasted even better with their special spicy aioli.



Grilled Mahi-Mahi ($10.99)
Grilled and lightly seasoned with Boneheads' Spice. Includes a fish topping of your choice, remoulade dipping sauce, seasoned rice and choice of side

For our BOGO coupon, we ordered one fish and one chicken to share. The fish we picked was mahi mahi. We asked for the mushroom topping. Portion was smaller than California Fish Grill. The "lightly" seasoned fish tasted pretty heavy seasoned to me, but it was good.


Quarter Chicken (Dark) ($6.99)
Grilled with your choice of lemon & herb, medium, hot or extra hot. Includes seasoned rice and choice of side

Pari pari chicken was tender. The sauce was a little spicy. I don't know... I didn't find anything too special about it. The side, grilled zucchini, was juicy and very good.


Seasoned Rice

Each order also came with a side of seasoned rice.



Lots of piri piri sauce to choose from.

Boneheads is pretty good, but somehow I didn't find anything too special about this place. If I'm in the mood for some seafood and didn't want to spend too much money, I would come back again and get a grilled fish. The chicken.... I can get better chicken elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment