Saturday, September 17, 2011

[Westminster] [Vietnamese] Thanh My Restaurant

Thanh My Restaurant
9553 Bolsa Ave
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 531-9540

Another phone pictures post. We were at Westminster for foot massage. Afterward we wanted to get a late dinner. We found Thanh My right down the street. There were quite a few people waiting for table. Food must be good so we waited, too.


Avocado Milkshake

We were seated after 10 minutes wait. Dr. P ordered an avocado milkshake. It was good.



Imperial Rolls (Cha Gio)

Imperial Rolls was a bit oily, but it tasted so good. We wrapped it with lettuce, basil, mint, and sesame leaves. The vegetable and herbs with the vinegary fish sauce cut down the taste of grease. The filling of the fried egg roll was so good.


Pho

Dr. P got a bowl of pho. He thought it was good. But I didn't like it at all. I thought the broth tasted funny. It tasted like mop + soap water to me. Yuck!


Combination Broken Rice

I absolutely love my combination broken rice. It had a piece of grilled pork chop, steamed egg with veggies, shrimp roll cake, and pork skin. EVERYTHING was delicious. I especially like the shrimp roll cake. I would definitely get this again.

There must be 100 different items on their menu. We were peeking to see what other people were eating, and everything looked good. They also serve family style dinner, like shared dishes served with rice. That looked really good, too. Westminster has a lot of good food. Would love to go back again to try more dishes.

 

2 comments:

  1. ur soap water pho reminds me how once i took mama to another pho place with one of those random number as the restaurant name on main st, the pho soup tasted like toilet water (as i imagine, not that i actually tasted toilet water before.. haha)

    Yuck! I remember I went to a Pho place with you and Jerry in Alhambra.
    It was really gross, too. It was the one across the street from Golden Deli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanh My is a definitely a solid spot for food in Wetminta lol. I think the place she was referring to was Vietnam House, which actually are both in San Gabriel, and they're diagonal from each other.

    Nah, it wasn't Vietnam House.
    I've been to Vietnam House and thought the food was good.
    The horrible place I went to was Pho Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete