Monday, September 19, 2011

[Mission Viejo] [Burger] TK Burgers

TK Burgers
24902 Chrisanta Dr
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
(949) 588-7200
http://www.tkburgers.com

Do you love daily deal websites as much as I do? It helps me save money dining out and I get to try new restaurants. I'll call that "killing two birds with one stone". haha... So after our didn't-get-so-full dinner at Yama Sushi, we decided to get dinner number two using another daily deal voucher I had. I got this deal from Plum District. It was $5 for $10 of food from TK Burger.



From outside, TK Burger looked like your typical neighborhood burger joint. You know the kind of burger joint that usually has the words "World Famous" in front of its name? Yeah, like that kind. But once we walked inside, we were like "wow this is a fancy looking burger place." The had beach party theme with lively rock music playing.




Love the stools!



Surfing photos, postcard, vinyl record covers all of the ceiling. We haven't even had the food, and already like the place.



We placed our order and paid at the counter. Found seats, and the counter girl brought us the food once it was ready.


Big Bargain Combo ($5.59)
Cheeseburger + Fries

We ordered one Big Bargain Combo (cheeseburger + fries), one cheeseburger, and one drink. The burger looked nothing out of the ordinary, but it was sooooo good. It just tasted really fresh. The buns were soft. Their special TK sauce was tasty. It was some sort of thousand island dressing a bit like In-N-Out's. I like the "home-cooked" taste of the burger. The fries were very good as well.

After that meal, I think about TK's burger sometimes. This would definitely be a good alternative from In-N-Out. I just wish there's a TK burger closer to our home....

2 comments:

  1. TK Burgers in Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, and Costa Mesa have long been a top-rated fast-food burger that many people prefer over In-Out-----but the HB & Newport locations are little joints (the HB TK's is on Pch next to Dairy Queen and has a small outdoor eating area)that don't look nearly as fancy as this one in Mission Viejo (I didn't even know that there was one as far as Mission Viejo).

    Dr. P said his surfer friends always go to TK Burgers in Huntington Beach.
    Is that one the original TK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is----it looks like an old house and faces Pch. There's another even smaller TK's near the Newport Pier in NB. I just ate my first 5 Guys hamburger in HB and it was very good.

    I had 5 Guys at HB once. It was indeed very good!
    I know there's one in The District in Irvine now.
    Dr. P still hasn't had it yet. We should be going there soon.

    ReplyDelete