Friday, September 9, 2011

[Aliso Viejo] [American] Chili’s Grill & Bar

Chili’s Grill & Bar
26631 Aliso Creek Rd
Aliso Viejo,CA 92656
(949) 448-9022
http://www.chilis.com

It was our one year anniversary, but I had a work a late shift and got off work at 9pm. Original plan was to go out for dinner on the weekend to celebrate the day. When I got home from work, I thought... "No, I want to go out and celebrate TODAY!" But where can we go at 9:30pm? We didn't want to go too far since it was late. There's a Chili's about 2 minutes away from our house, and I had a coupon to order happy hour anytime. Celebration destination decided!


Presidente Margarita ($7.49)
Hand-shaken Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila, Patrón Citrónge orange liqueur and Presidente Brandy.

Gotta have a margarita for a celebration! Dr. P couldn't drink because he just took some allergy medicine. He picked Presidente Margarita for me. Chili's margarita is good and strong. No wonder EVERYONE was ordering margarita there.



Skillet Queso ($2.99)
Cheese dip with seasoned beef. Served with warm tostada chips and our house-made salsa.

Skillet Queso was good at first. The cheese dip was on the salty and heavy side, so it became too much after a while. I think the sauce would be good on top of fries.


Texas Cheese Fries (Half Order) ($2.99)
With applewood smoked bacon, jalapeños and green onions. Served with ranch dressing.

Texas Cheese Fries is my favorite appetizer from Chili's. I always get this one. The fat fries was crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Lots of gooey cheese on top. Super yummy!


Big Mouth Burger Bites (2) and Fries ($4.99)

Big Mouth Burger Bites was surprisingly good. The beef patty was flavorful and juicy. They used thousand island dressing with minced onion bites. It tasted like a more gourmet version of White Castle burger. Loved it!


Boneless Buffalo Wings (5 pcs) ($2.99)
Breaded chicken breast tossed in spicy sauce. Served with cool bleu cheese and celery.

Boneless Buffalo Wings wasn't so good. I didn't read the description of it, and thought it would be actual chicken wings with the bones removed. Nope. It was just chicken breast with that buffalo coating and sauce. But I wanted wings! No more boneless fake wings! I want real chicken wings with bones from now on.



Happy hour food at Chili's is SUPER cheap! The alcohol was pricy though. So there was our anniversary celebration "late" dinner. haha.... Yeah I know it wasn't fancy or anything. But the important thing was the company I was with. :-)

Happy 1 year anniversary, hubby!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a really good coupon! Happy anniversary.

    Thank you, Jess!
    Yeah, that happy hour coupon was awesome.
    Saved a lot of money, and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is cool!!!
    when is the happy hours??

    I think it's between 3~6pm Monday thru Friday.
    Best to call your local Chili's to find out for sure.

    ReplyDelete