Friday, September 16, 2011

[El Monte] [AYCE] Yummy Yummy Seafood Buffet

Yummy Yummy Seafood Buffet
10632 Lower Azusa Rd
El Monte, CA 91731
(626) 575-1989

I went home to visit my parents. They suggested to go to lunch at Yummy Yummy Seafood Buffet. They went during their grand opening special, and thought the food was decent for the price.


AYCE Lunch ($9.99/person)

All you can eat lunch was $9.99 per person. For my first plate, I got some sushi and seaweed. The sushi were better than I expected from a Chinese buffet. Their dumpling was surprisingly good. It was my dad's favorite item. He got a big plate of dumplings with lots of their special garlic soy sauce all over it.




Your standard hot and sour soup.



This place is supposed to be "seafood" buffet, so I thought their specialty would be seafood. Wrong. All the seafood was not that good. Clam was ok. Fish was salty and oily. Crab was super oily and didn't taste fresh at all. It was kinda watery and mushy. Very weird tasting, and very gross.



But their other Chinese hot food were good.

I think they should change their name to Yummy Yummy "Chinese" buffet, and stop advertising the seafood part. But for $10, we were happy with what we got.

2 comments:

  1. I think their dinner is better. They have king crab legs that are fresh and not fried. Plus crawfish and shrimp! Kind of like Boiling crab. They also have these huge half oysters!

    Oh yeah I had some crawfish. It was pretty good.
    Maybe we'll try their dinner sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems a lot of bad reviews on yelp. They were fine when just opened, now it has gone downhill.

    Their price went up $2, my parents told me.
    Maybe that's why people expect higher quality, but they didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete