Monday, April 16, 2012

[Costa Mesa] [Vegan] 118 Degrees

118 Degrees
2981 Bristol St #B-5
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 754-0718
http://www.shop118degrees.com

Another Groupon daily deal I bought, Dinner for 2 for $20 at 118 Degrees ($58 value). For this deal, we can pick 2 entrees plus 2 glasses of wine or 2 desserts. This was such a good buy. Sister and I love the healthy and delicious food at this raw vegan restaurant!


Trio of Enchiladas ($20.00)
Tres Enchiladas with 3 distinct flavors, served with Tomatillo Salsa, Macadamia Sour Cream, and Chef salad.

For my entree, I picked Trio of Enchiladas. I didn't know raw veggies could taste that good! All three enchiladas had different flavor. Their sauces tasted great! I wanted to pick a favorite one, but I couldn't because I really liked all three.



Spanish Tapas Platter ($19.00)
Spicy Almond Cheese Empanada with Spicy Vegetables and Avocado Lime Sauce, Sweet Corn Tamale with Marinated Mushrooms and Chips and Guacamole-Ole!

Sister ordered Spanish Tapas Platter. Our waiter said this item was not included in the dinner for 2 deals, but he would let us order if we change the tamale to enchilada. Sister finished everything on the plate.


Apple Cobbler ($9.00)

We both picked dessert over wine. The Apple Cobbler was made with sweet almond sauce. I liked it.


Chocolate Ganache ($9.00)

Chocolate Ganache was too rich for my taste. Plus the chocolate was really hard. This one I didn't like too much, but sister liked it.

I really liked the food at 118 Degrees. But I have to say, it  is very pricey if you don't have a Groupon deal. Hopefully I'll catch their coupon on one of those daily deal websites again. For $20, we left very happy. Probably won't be as happy if we had to pay $60....

No comments:

Post a Comment