Tuesday, January 3, 2012

[Cook] Sizzling Garlic and Lemon Shrimp

I love the meal planning website Relish. One more day left to get $16 for six months of meal-planning from Relish. Today's dinner was super easy to make, and the result was way above my expectation. Dr. P went on a business trip to Boston this morning. Too bad he didn't get to enjoy dinner with me. But I'll make it for him again when he returns.


Sizzling Garlic and Lemon Shrimp

The main course was Sizzling Garlic and Lemon Shrimp. I served it with couscous and salad with pears and pecans.




I started by making couscous following the direction on the back of the box.



While couscous is cooking, prepare the shrimp. The sauce was made with butter, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, Salt and Cayenne pepper. Just pour the sauce on top of shelled and deveined shrimp. Place the shrimp in the oven, and broil for about 8 minutes.



While the shrimp is cooking, prepare the salad. Dressing was made with lemon juice, mustard, honey and oil.



Now the couscous should be done. Fluff it with a fork.



And the shrimp should be done.

Put everything together and dinner is ready under 30 minutes. My house smelt so good with that garlic and lemon juice sauce. Will definitely make this meal again!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. Wish i had the energy to cook like you do. Will have to try sometime. Thanks!

    This is really easy to make.
    You should give it a try! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy!! you'll have to make it for me when I return! :)

    Yes, I will!

    ReplyDelete