Monday, January 2, 2012

[Cook] Mocha Brownies

This morning I bought $16 for six months of meal-planning from Relish. Since my new year resolution is to eat healthier and to cook more at home, a meal planning service should help. Once a week, this website will come up with 20 main entrees (all with side dishes too) that are prepared with fresh and seasonal ingredients. You just pick 4 or  5 that you like, and it'll generate a shopping list and recipes for you to print out. I went grocery shopping with a list today. The meal planning service really saved me a lot of time. I haven't tried any main entree yet. But today I made Mocha Brownies from their menu. Wait, I thought I was supposed to eat healthier?


Mocha Brownies

I don't think I'm supposed to share the recipe publicly since its copyright belongs to Relish. The brownie was made with brown sugar, butter, coffee, egg, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, salt, pecans, and chocolate chips. It was sinful and bad.... in a really yummy way!




When it first came out of the oven, it didn't even look like brownies. I thought it looked like a giant piece of chocolate chip cookies... but in the shape of rectangle.



It tasted sorta like chocolate chips cookies, too. The top layer was slightly crispy. The center was most and soft, with lots of melted chocolate chips.

This goes perfect with a glass of milk... tested personally by me... with two squares of brownies!

* If you want the recipe, please leave a comment with your email. Shhh... Don't tell anyone!

1 comment:

  1. Please send the recipe, i love moist brownies ^ ^ ilikewoostock@yahoo.com.hk

    Sent! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete