Monday, December 12, 2011

[Laguna Hills] [American] BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
24032 El Toro Road
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
(949) 900-2670
http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com

It was late at night. We were hungry, and sorta thirsty.... for some alcoholic beverages. Late night happy hour? After a quick search online, we found out BJ's have late night happy hour starting at 10pm. It was a weeknight... Tuesday I think? When we got there at 10-ish, the restaurant was packed! Seriously? I guess people love late night happy hour.


BJ's Jeremiah Red ($4.25) / BJ's Berry Burst Cider ($4.95)

Dr. P ordered a Jeremiah Red beer, and I got my usual at BJ's, Berry Burst Cider. I always order this one. The cider tasted like yummy berry soda.



Chicken Lettuce Wraps ($7.95)
Marinated chicken breast diced and sautéed with mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery, green onions, garlic and topped with crispy wontons. Served with chilled iceberg lettuce cups, sesame soy sauce and hot Chinese mustard.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps was good. The sauce they used for the sauteed chicken and veggies were a bit salty. But when eaten with crisp lettuce, it was a good balance. We still think the Chicken Lettuce Wraps at Elephant Bar is better though.


Mediterranean Deep Dish Pizza ($5.37)
Fresh and delicious! Grilled chicken, basil pesto, roasted garlic, Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and sliced peperoncinis.

Individual deep dish pizza is 50% off during happy hour. That's a great deal! We picked Mediterranean Deep Dish Pizza. Loved the feta cheese and basil pesto on this pizza!


Gourmet Mac & Cheese ($3.95)
A delicious and creamy blend of rotelle pasta with three cheeses, chipotle and a hint of garlic. Topped with seasoned breadcrumbs and bacon then oven-baked for a golden brown finish.

Gourmet Mac & Cheese was cheesy and yummy, and it was only $3.95.



We liked the late night happy hour at BJ's, and wanted to go back. But it starts at 10pm, which is a little too late most of the time when we want to go. If they can start it at 9pm, I'm sure we'd be back more often.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Eileen,

    Berry burst cider is my favorite drink from BJ's. I am so glad that you're still writing this food blog. I miss Los Angeles a lot, especially a wide vareity of food that the city offers. Reading your food blog helps me to adujust my life in Michigan :) Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday with friends and family.

    Angeline

    Thank you so much, Angeline!
    Michigan must be really cold right now.
    I remember visiting Dr. P in Ann Arbor a few years ago when it was snowing.
    It's a beautiful city, but just way too cold for me.
    I remember we found some great food there, but I started craving for authentic Chinese after a week.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and family as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is really an amazing and attractive post about late night restaurant. I appreciate your posted wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing such an interesting post. Beer Baseball Hat

    ReplyDelete