Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Dinner at Jen & Peter's

We had a get-together dinner for Christmas at my friends Jen and Peter's house.



Just look at all that food! Everything was DELICIOUS!




Especially Peter's Vietnamese noodle bun bo hue. He made the soup for an entire day. It was the best bun bo hue we've ever had!



We did white elephant present exchange after dinner. At one point, we had a vacuum, nice sets of tea cups, wine glasses set from Italy, and water filter for camping. We ended up taking home bamboo cutting board and headphones. Man people jacked all our nice presents! But it was really fun, and we still took home great gifts.

We played Taboo after the gift exchange, and it was so much fun. We gotta do it again next year!!

I didn't take that many pictures during the party. I realized although Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 takes great pictures, it is not that convenient. First, because of the size, I couldn't it put it in my pocket like my old Canon. So every time I need to take a picture, I have to go to my purse to get it. Then it has a lens cover that you have to take off and put on every time. It's just very inconvenient to have to do that for every picture I want to take. Also it is a lot of trouble to take the camera in and out of the case, which isn't design all that well. I was deciding between the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 and Canon S95, and picked LX5. After that night, I decided to return LX5 and exchange it for S95 instead. I think I still like Canon better....

1 comment:

  1. What a fun party! Both the LX5 and S95 are very competent cameras, but it does seem like you would do better with an S95 (or the new S100). Make sure what you get is something you will want to use most so you can capture all those great moments! :)

    Ever since I got my S95, I've been taking tons of pictures.
    I like the small size and the automatic lens cover so much better.
    I didn't even know there's a new S100! Is it even better than S95?
    For now, I am very happy with S95! :-)

    ReplyDelete