Saturday, December 24, 2011

[Alhambra] [Taiwanese] Lee's Garden

Lee's Garden
小吃世界
1428 S Atlantic Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91803
(626) 284-0320

I went to Alhambra to visit my sister. I always bring food back to OC whenever I go up to SGV. On that day, almost 3/4 of San Gabriel Valley was out of power, including my sister's apartment in Alhambra. We drove around the neighborhood, and found this one plaza with lots of cars. They must have power there. Lee's Garden looked like a hole in the wall kind of place. But they were completely full. Was it because they were only place with power? Or was it because their food is good?


滷排骨客飯 Stewed Pork Chop Rice Daily Special

The menu was written in Chinese and posted on the wall. As I was browsing and deciding, the owner told me their daily special rice is the most popular item. You pick a main dish, and it comes with 3 different side dishes. I picked Stewed Pork Chop Rice. Their food tastes very "home-made", like something moms would cook at home. The side dishes were all good. Egg with tomato, cabbage, and bean curd with pickled veggies. But the stewed pork chop wasn't that good. It was overcooked and tasted dry and hard.



排骨飯 Pork Chop Rice

Pork Chop Rice was fried. It was just ok. It came with stewed egg, tofu, cabbage, and some pickled veggies and meat sauce over rice. It wasn't too bad, but not very memorable.

I probably won't go back to this place again. Too bad Old Country Cafe was out of power that day. They have the best pork chop rice in that area!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Eileen...I have been following ur blog for quite awhile now.
    Do you mind telling me where this OLD COUNTRY CAFE is located?
    there used to be a 老鄉親cafe but it's long closed.
    You got an amazing blog!!! Keep up the good work~
    Merry X'mas

    老鄉親 is exactly where I was talking about.
    It's not closed though. Their address and phone number are:
    2 E Valley Blvd
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 284-4610
    Thank you, Bobo! Merry Christmas to you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 这卖相不怎么吸引人,估计是不怎么好吃。24号我是在venetian的grand cafe吃的。

    這家就是還好而已
    不會太難吃,但是我應該不會特地回去

    ReplyDelete
  3. 吃過, 我也感覺不太好吃.
    衛生有點可疑

    但是這家店在Yelp上面評價很好耶
    真是詭異

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, I mixed it up with 老地方~~Thank you for the info.
    老鄉親 also have the best 控肉飯 so yum with spicy sauce

    I love 控肉飯 especially the fat part. haha...
    No wonder I can never lose weight.
    I'll definitely try their 控肉飯 next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete