Tuesday, December 20, 2011

[Irvine] [Chinese] Chef Chen

Chef Chen
馥園

5408-B Walnut Ave
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 786-8898

It was a raining day. Both Dr. P and I were craving for somthing hot and soupy. The beef noodle soup from Chef Chen seemed like an good idea.


牛肉麵 Beef Noodle Soup

The bood noodle soup we had last was great. But this time, it was not just bad... it was horrible. The noodle was mushy. The beef and tendon was tough and hard, like it wasn't stewed long enough. The soup tasted like soy sauce soup. It was just bad.



排骨飯 Pork Chop Rice

Pork Chop Rice tasted alright, but it was very oily. The rice had some meat sauce on top, and some green veggies on the side. Dr. P didn't like it at all.


牛肉捲餅 Beef Rolls

Beef Rolls was the only good item that day. The beef was tender, lots of scallion and cilantro mixed with just the right amount of hoisin sauce. I liked this one.

It was such a disappointment that day. If this was our first visit to Chef Chen, we probably wouldn't return again. But after our second visit, I don't think there will be a third one. Too bad.

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe I have not stumbled on your blog earlier. It's great. Frequent updates, straight forward and I can determine quickly if I want to try a place based on your reviews.

    Thank you, Diamond Dog!
    I enjoy reading your blog as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete