Monday, December 12, 2011

[Irvine] [Taiwanese] Boiling Point

Boiling Point
沸點
14140 Culver Dr
Irvine, CA 92606
(949) 733-2211
http://www.bpgroupusa.com

Boiling Point is one of my favorite restaurant up in San Gabriel Valley. They recently opened a branch in Irvine. I'm so happy that now Taiwanese stinky tofu hot pot is only 15 minutes away from me!


珍珠奶綠 Boba Milk Green Tea ($2.95) / 珍珠奶茶 Boba Milk Tea ($2.95)

We both ordered a drink. Their boba milk tea was quite good, and the price was very reasonable. You also get a reward card for drinks. It's buy 4 then your 5th one is free. That seems to be very easy to achieve.



酸菜羊肉鍋 Lamb Hot Soup ($10.99)

Dr. P ordered Lamb Hot Soup. He didn't like this one though. The green veggie they used was mustard green so the soup had that mustard green sorta bitter taste to it. Dr. P didn't like that flavor at all. I tried a few bites, and thought it was good. I didn't mind the vegetable tasting soup at all.


招牌臭臭鍋 House Special Hot Soup ($10.99)

I got my usual House Special Hot Soup. Everything was delicious! Even though the stinky tofu they used wasn't really stinky at all, I still enjoyed it a lot.  I love dipping everything in their garlic thick soy sauce and spicy chili sauce.



I actually was writing this post yesterday. I was craving it so bad as I was writing about it. Finally I couldn't resist it anymore and drag Dr. P there for lunch with me. I seriously love the food! The restaurant was just opened when we visited the first time. Service was a bit slow, and you could tell a lot of the new employees didn't know how to do their jobs well yet. But this time, service was much better and faster. I would definitely be back there again and again! Oh don't forget to get a reward card for hot pot also. Buy 9 then your 10th one is free!

1 comment:

  1. Went there after reading your blog about this restaurant at Irvine. Oh boy it was really good. I was told there is one at Gardena which is close to my work place. Will go there again sometimes this week.

    Their hot pot is seriously addicting.
    Now I crave it almost weekly!

    ReplyDelete