Monday, October 26, 2009

Roasted Cornish Hens with Grapes

I have one Cornish game hen in the freezer, and some grapes on hand.  A quick flip through Martha Stewart’s Food Everyday, I found a perfect recipe.


Roasted Cornish Hens with Grapes

For a break from roast chicken, try these smaller hens, which cook in about half the time it takes for a chicken.  If you like, substitute four bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (10 to 12 ounces each) for the Cornish hens.

The recipe is for 4 servings using 4 Cornish game hens.   But since I only have 1, I just use 1/4 of all the other ingredients in the recipe.  This dish took about 5 minutes to prepare.  Just toss everything together and pop it in the oven.  One Cornish hen was actually enough for both Dr. P and I.  The chicken was moist and tender.  The skin with the thyme flavor was the best part.  The caramelized grapes were really tasty.  It tasted like sweet wine.

It is tasty and easy.  Also I think the dish looks fancy enough if you have guests over for dinner.  This recipe is definitely a keeper.

2 comments:

  1. awesome dish! if I didn't read carefully I thought those were olives! ;)

    haha that does look like olives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks good!

    Thank you. It tastes good, too! ^^

    ReplyDelete