Saturday, October 17, 2009

Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Oven-Baked Polenta

Last night's dinner recipe also came from Martha Stewart’s Food Everyday.  It took me about one hour from start to finish.


Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Oven-Baked Polenta

You can find Braised Chicken with Mushrooms' recipe here, and Oven-Baked Polenta's recipe here.  "Browning the chicken seals in the juices and keeps the inside moist and flavorful.  This recipe can be made with pork cutlets instead of chicken.  For an earthier flavor, substitute shiitake, cremini, or wild mushrooms for the white mushrooms."  I am not very good at cooking chicken breast.

I am always afraid to undercook the chicken, then end up leaving it on the stove for too long and it overcooks.  The chicken breast was just a tad overcooked last night, but it wasn't too bad.  Thanks to the delicious broth, the chicken was still moist.  We love the oven-baked polenta.  It was super yummy with the broth.  Mushroom was our favorite part, too.

This recipe is definitely a keeper!

2 comments:

  1. yummo!! that was terrific! :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    Only the best for my baby! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, that's my line...

    hey, that's my line...
    I am a copycat haha....

    ReplyDelete