Saturday, July 2, 2011

[Pasadena] [Bakery] Violet's Cakes

Violet's Cakes
21 E Holly St
Pasadena, CA 91103
(626) 395-9821
http://www.violetscakes.com

My sister bought cupcakes from Violet's Cakes for me the last time I went back home to visit. What a nice sister! :-)


Cinnamon Roll / Strawberry & Strawberry / Berry Delicious / Twix & Milk Chocolate ($2.75/each)

My sister picked 4 cupcakes that she thought I would like, and she did a great job! Cinnamon Roll was good, but the size was really small comparing to the other cupcakes. Why? Very strange. Strawberry/Strawberry was the only cupcake I did not like too much. The strawberry cupcake had an artificial flavor taste to me.  Berry Delicious was my favorite! It had blueberry jam inside the cupcake. Twix/Milk Chocolate was yummy, and Twix is my favorite chocolate candy bar. There was a big piece of Twix inside the cupcake. But this one was really sweet, and my teeth started hurting after eating a few bites.




Overall, I like their cupcakes. But the frosting is way too sweet for my taste. I would take 2 bites with frosting to taste it, then just get rid of all the frosting and eat the cupcake by itself. My sister bought me some organic cupcakes from Alhambra Farmers Market before. Those are the best cupcakes I've ever had!

1 comment:

  1. the cupcake picture looks so familiar.....like i seen it before
    oh wait.. it's the same as ayami's!

    ... haha.. (i'm just being retarded)
    (even ur cinnamon roll is half size smaller too, damn that Violet's bakery)

    Yeah that one was really small.
    Maybe the Twix and blueberry jam inside the other cupcakes made them bigger?

    ReplyDelete