Friday, July 29, 2011

[Lake Forest] [Bakery] Corner Bakery Cafe

Corner Bakery Cafe
23702 El Toro Rd
Lake Forest, CA 92630
(949) 472-1383
http://www.cornerbakerycafe.com

I had one hour lunch break from work. Glad there is a Corner Bakery Cafe right around the corner. I brought a book and enjoyed a quiet lunch by myself.


Chicken Tortilla Soup w/Tortilla Strips

I got a soup/salad combo. The combo cost about $8. The soup I picked was Chicken Tortilla Soup. It also came with a piece of ciabatta bread.




The soup was hearty and rich. It actually tasted more like chili than chicken tortilla soup, and I liked it.


Chopped Salad
All-natural roasted chicken, bacon, avocado, bleu cheese, tomatoes, and green onions tossed with iceberg and romaine lettuce in our sweet and spicy house vinaigrette.

Chopped Salad tasted so good on that hot day. The crisp fresh lettuce, tender chicken, creamy avocado, yummy bleu cheese, and the sweet vinaigrette... perfect combination!


Peanut Butter Whoopee Pie
These incredible treats are made with creamy vanilla buttercream filling sandwiched between two rich chocolate cakes.

I've never had Whoopee Pie before. Couldn't resist and had to order one when I saw it in their sweets display window.



It was so OMG heavenly good! The chocolate cake was moist, soft, and rich. The creamy peanut butter filling was so divine. I'm going to get a Whoopee Pie every time I go to Corner Bakery from now on!

I think I might just go there for lunch again today. Now I'm actually looking forward to go to work so I can have a Whoopee Pie! Whoopee~~~~


 

1 comment:

  1. I love their chopped salad and Caesar salad!

    Their salad is always pretty good.
    I like to have their Caesar salad with a pasta order.

    ReplyDelete