Wednesday, July 20, 2011

[Irvine] [Chinese] Chong Qing Mei Wei Szechwan Restaurant

Chong Qing Mei Wei Szechwan Restaurant
重慶美味川菜
5406 Walnut Ave #C
Irvine,CA 92618
(949) 651-8886

We go to Chong Qing Mei Wei at least once a month, and sometimes we go three times a month. haha...


風味冷菜 Cold Appetizer ($5.50)

We always start with 3 items cold appetizer. Our two must-order items are spicy beef and spicy kidney. Then we get one vegetable item to go with it.



水煮牛魚 Boiled Beef and Fish with Hot Sauce ($10.99)

Dr. P has to get Boiled Beef and Fish with Hot Sauce. He only needs this one dish for the entire meal actually. I tried to convince him many times to try something else in place of this dish, but he refuses every time. I even tried to convince him to get other meat in place of beef and fish. We tried intestine and lamb once. I loved it, but he hated it. So we're back to beef and fish ONLY now.


蒜炒A菜 Sauteed Chinese Vegetable with Garlic ($9.99)

We also try to get a vegetable dish every time. We ask the waiter what kind of fresh vegetables they have on that day, then pick one and order it to be sauteed with garlic.


蒜泥白肉 Sliced Cold Pork with Garlic Chili Sauce ($8.99)

Then we get a new dish from the menu to try. We often ask for our waiter's suggestion. This time he suggested Sliced Cold Pork with Garlic Chili Sauce. I absolutely loved this dish! The pork belly was sliced very thin. It was really tender. The dish wasn't cold, but more like lukewarm. The garlic chili sauce was so addicting. I can eat 3 bowls of rice with the garlic chili sauce. Definitely will order this one again!

We usually have enough leftover for the next 2 or 3 days. Great food, and great bargain!!

4 comments:

  1. What? Better than my garlic chili sauce?

    Nothing is better than your garlic chili sauce!
    I'm going back to my parents' on Friday to pick up my garlic chili sauce!!
    Thanks, Paul~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. 蒜泥白肉is so good...I hope there is more pork belly in the dish, tho.

    Paul - your garlic chili sauce is awesome. Mr.E gave us some, and it's all gone now.

    We went back to Chong Qing last night.
    I really wanted to get the pork belly again, but instead we got a kidney dish to try.
    Now I'm looking at the picture, and really wished we got the pork belly last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks wen! let me know if you want more :D

    I got my chili sauce today! Woohoo~~~
    My dad made spicy meat sauce with your chili sauce.
    Can't wait to try it with some noodle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The restaurant should give you discount with the amount of times you have visited. :)

    haha... I know!
    The nice waiter gave us two big boxes of rice for free to take home with leftover last time.
    That was really nice of him.

    ReplyDelete