Monday, July 11, 2011

[Mission Viejo] [Deli] Gandolfos New York Delicatessen

Gandolfo's New York Delicatessen
23981 Alicia Pkwy #120
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
(949) 581-3354
http://www.gandolfosdeli.com

I bought a $8 for $20 voucher for Gandolfo's New York Delicatessen from KGB Deals. I don't really know what exactly is New York style sandwiches, but I am curious to try. And $8 for $20 sounded like a good deal to me!



They have a massive menu. We, and the other couple who were there before us, stood there for a long long time deciding what to get. Everything looked good, which made it even more difficult to pick just one.




Finally we decided on a pastrami sandwich and a chicken sandwich. After adding a drink to the order and applying the $20 voucher, we only had to pay $0.52 more.



We sat at one of their comfy booth and waited for our food. It was a Friday night, and their business was slow. But I can imagine this place getting really busy around lunch time.


I ♥ New York Pastrami Sandwich ($9.49)
Corned beef, pastrami, swiss, spicy mustard or Russian dressing, rye

Dr. P ordered I ♥ New York. There were corned beef, pastrami, and melted Swiss cheese inside rye bread.



The corned beef and pastrami was delicious! We both loved this sandwich. It is a heavy sandwich, so we felt quite full after eating just 1/2 of the sandwich. It was really good, but we thought almost $10 for a small sandwich was a bit pricey.


Empire State Chicken Sandiwch ($9.29)
Chicken breast, turkey, provolone, cream cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo

The sandwich I picked was Empire State . It is a chicken and turkey sandwich with cream cheese on a long baguette.The sandwich seemed so much bigger comparing to the pastrami sandwich.



The sandwich was decent. But we didn't think it was as good as the pastrami sandwich. I had the leftover half for lunch the next day, and it wasn't good anymore. The bread turned soggy, and it was pretty gross.

There are so many sandwiches on their menu we want to try. Their pastrami is really really good. We would definitely try another pastrami sandwich next time. As for the other sandwich to try for next time, I think I'll just draw a number out of a hat or something. It's just so hard to decide. Why can't I just have EVERYTHING?

3 comments:

  1. A pastrami sandwich is the true test of how good a deli is. It looks like this place passed the test, I'll have to try it. You might also want to try Benji's deli in Tustin for really good pastrami.

    I'm writing it down, Benji's in Tustin.
    Hope to try real soon. Thanks, jumpcut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both really good to me. Especially for someone who loves to eat meat :D

    You should take your family there to try!
    (I'm replying and listening to your family's podcast at the same time!! :-)
    What a cute family... love listening to your parents!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sandwiches look amazing~

    I wish I can make the same sandwiches at home!

    ReplyDelete