Tuesday, July 5, 2011

[Arcadia] [Chinese] Tasty To Go

Tasty To Go
五星美食
142 E Duarte Rd
Arcadia,CA 91006
(626) 447-3788

I told Dr. P I was going up to LA for the day. His request was to bring home the Hainan Chicken Rice from Tasty To Go. He asked me last time, but I didn't have time to go pick it up. He was so disappointed. This time I made sure I would bring home what he asked for, plus more!


海南雞飯 Hainan Chicken with Rice ($5.55)

This was the Hainan Chicken with Rice Dr. P has been craving for. The boneless dark meat chicken was very flavorful and tender. The sauteed napa cabbage with black ear mushroom was very tasty. The chicken rice was delicious. The best part was the green onion and ginger sauce. Dr. P just couldn't get enough of this.



星洲米粉 Singaporean Rice Noodle

Singaporean Rice Noodle had huge portion. There were BBQ pork, egg, carrot, green onion, and shrimp in the curry rice noodle.  It was super tasty, especially with some hot chili sauce. The only thing i didn't like was the shrimp. I thought the shrimp didn't taste that fresh. But everything else was great.


燒雞 Rotisserie Chicken

The Asian style Rotisserie Chicken tasted very different than the American kind. It was not as "fat and juicy", but had more flavor. I love the sweet plum sauce that went with the savory chicken.


炒麵 Chow Mein

The chicken came with a side of fried rice or chow mein. I picked chow mein. I always like noodle better than rice for some reason. The chow mein with cabbage was simple, yet very tasty.

This place is indeed "tasty" to go. We love the take-out from here. Food is delicious, and price is reasonable. Next time I go back that way, I'm going to get some takeout for my parents to try, too. I think they will enjoy the food just like we did!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting how you prefer noodles over rice like I do too, but all the ABCs I know always wonder why because they believe that Chinese people should like rice more instead.

    I always prefer noodle. Don't know why.
    Maybe because my ancestors were from Shandong Province?
    Shandong people love noodles, buns, dumplings, and that sort of things.
    Where is your ancestral home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having ancestors from Shandong would explain it. =) Mine was in Canton.

    I LOVE DIM SUM and BBQ DUCK!
    Wait... but I'm not from Canton? hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 海南雞飯看起來好好吃喔
    又很便宜 我要找時間去吃吃看 ^^

    K.J

    這家的波霸和綿綿冰也好好吃

    ReplyDelete