Thursday, July 7, 2011

[Cook] Rice Cooker Chocolate Cake

I tried to make a cake with rice cooker again. This time I made Chocolate Cake.


Rice Cooker Chocolate Cake

The result was better than the Butter Cake from last time. The cake wasn't as dry, but it was still drier than I would like. The taste of this cake is very "adult-like". It's not a sweet chocolate cake, but more like a slightly bitter cocoa cake. It's very good with coffee. Making cake with rice cooker is really easy. But I'm still not happy with the results. I think I will give it one more try. If it's still not as good as I like it, then I'll just make cake the traditional way.




Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs

  • 60g sugar

  • 80 g pastry flour

  • 3g baking powder

  • 20g cocoa powder

  • 30g butter

  • Sugar syrup (1-1/3 tablespoon sugar + 2 tablespoon water, heat up in microwave for 20 seconds)




1. Mix eggs and sugar in a bowl.



2. Mix flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in another bowl. Add it to the egg mixture and mix.



3. Add melted butter into the mixture and mix.



4. Pour the batter into buttered rice cooker pot.



5. Place the pot into rice cooker, and push the "cook" button.



(This is the rice cooker I used, Zojirushi 3 Cups Rice Cooker.)



6. Brush sugar syrup on cake when it's done. Cool the cake on a rack.

1 comment:

  1. 請問Eileen你的電子鍋有烤蛋糕的功能嗎?
    還是用一般的煮飯功能就可以做出來了?
    我家的烤箱壞了,
    看了你這篇,
    真得很想用我的National電子鍋試試看

    就是用一般的煮飯功能做出來的
    但是我家電鍋第一次說煮好的時候蛋糕都還是糊的
    所以我按炊飯鍵第二次才做好

    ReplyDelete