Friday, July 8, 2011

[Aliso Viejo] [Peruvian] Inka Mama's

Inka Mama's
26741 Aliso Creek Rd #E
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
(949) 360-6263
http://www.inkamamas.com

We had takeout from Inka Mama's before. We thought the food was great, but the portion was small and price was a bit higher comparing to Mario's. My friend Wen came to visit on a Friday. We drove over to Aliso Viejo Town Center to find a lunch spot. Since Wen had never tried Peruvian food before, we picked Inka Mama's as our lunch spot.



They have lunch special from Monday through Friday between 11am to 3pm. Chicken dishes are $7.45, beef dishes are $8.45, and seafood dishes are $9.45. All lunch special comes with soup or salad.



Bread & Aji Sauce

Our lunch started with some complimentary bread and the famous Peruvian green sauce, Aji sauce. Inka Mama's aji sauce wasn't that spicy at all. The one we had from Mario's was SPICY! Personally I prefer my aji sauce to be on the spicier side.


Cilantro Soup

Both Wen and I had the Cilantro Soup. The soup had tons of chicken and rice in it. It was a very yummy soup.


Lomo Saltado ($8.45)
Strips of steak sauteed with onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and french fries. Served with rice.

I ordered Lomo Saltado, which is probably the most popular dish at Inka Mama's. I love the flavor of this dish, but the beef wasn't as tender as I hoped for. My favorite thing in this dish was actually the french fries. the soft potato strips soaked up all the tasty sauce. Soooo good! I don't really think I'm a big eater, but I only got 80% full when I finish the entire plate.


Cabrito Norteno ($8.45)
Our famous lamb stew cooked with cilantro, garlic and Inka wine served with rice, beans, and marinated red onions in lime juice and cilantro.

Wen ordered Cabrito Norteno. I had a bite of the lamb stew. The meat was tender, but it had a strong lamb taste. The beans were surprisingly good. It had lots of flavor even though it didn't look like it.



Wen came to visit me, AND treated me to lunch! What a nice friend! haha.... Thank you, Wen! :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment