Monday, June 13, 2011

[Monrovia] [Deli] The Market Grill

The Market Grill
525 S Shamrock Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016
(626) 303-4314
http://www.themarketgrillmonrovia.com

My sister found The Market Grill on Yelp. It was the top rated restaurant in the city of Monrovia. My nice sister went to The Market Grill to get take us for us. She told us that this place is located inside a small convenience store in a residential neighborhood. People usually won't stop by the deli counter at a convenience store unless they're nearby. But this place has really good food. Words got around, and now people come from all over the place to try their sandwiches.


Chicken California Sandwich ($7.75)
Chicken, cheddar, tomatoes, spinach, avocado, garlic mayo

I was a little skeptical when sister told me about this place. How good can a sandwich be? Then I found out how GOOD can a sandwich be. This was the BEST chicken sandwich ever!




The grilled chicken breast was tender and soft. Tons of fresh spinach and creamy avocado. The tomatoes were mixed with the delicious garlic mayo. Everything was inside perfectly buttered and toasted bread. It was a simple sandwich, but done so right. My brother who only likes Chinese food even said this is one good sandwich.


Minted Lemon Potato Salad

All sandwich comes with a side. For the chicken sandwich, sister got Minted Lemon Potato Salad. It tasted like a really good potato salad with mint leaves. I liked it, but sister thought it wasn't as special as she thought it would be.


The Angry Beast Sandwich ($7.75)
Roast beef, Swiss, grilled onions, spinach, roasted green chiles, horseradish mayo

The other sandwich she got was The Angry Beast Sandwich. It was a roast beef sandwich.



It looked good, but it was sooooo salty. I wasn't sure exactly what was too salty. Was it the beef, onions, green chiles or the mayo? Brother and I both had chicken sandwich first, and thought the roast beef sandwich was really salty. Sister only had the roast beef sandwich, and she thought it was really good.


Pineapple

Sister asked for fruit as the side for this sandwich order. The "fruit" was two pieces of sweet golden pineapple.


Nuts About Apples Salad ($7.45)
Nut brittle, apples, blue cheese crumbles

Nuts About Apples Salad was delicious. It had everything I like, crisp apples, stinky blue cheese, and sweet candied pecan. The low-fat balsamic dressing was really good, too. Great salad!


Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

We were so lucky that my sister went on a Wednesday. Because they have Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies on Wednesday only. The soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies had pieces of bacon in it. So it had that sweet and savory combination. This was soooo good. I think I'm going to try making my own bacon and chocolate chip cookies at home.

I love The Market Grill. Definitely going back again to try their other sandwiches, salads, and baked goods. Thank you, sister, for finding this place and for the yummy takeout lunch.

4 comments:

  1. Normally people would say bacon in dessert is weird, but I won't say it anymore! haha. Because I ate bacon pb&j one time and it didn't even taste like bacon! So it's really not as bad as it seems :P

    Bacon P&J? That sounds interesting.
    I'm gonna try to do that at home next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Craft they have Bacon ice cream, it was so good!

    Ohhhh sounds good!
    Funny thing is I don't even like bacon.
    I don't like eating bacon just by itself, but I like bacon in other things, like omelette, sandwiches, burger, etc.
    Now I realized bacon actually tasted pretty good with sweets.
    Would LOVE to try the bacon ice cream someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear they also have Nutella Cookies, but not sure which day :(

    I'm going to call them to find out next time I'm in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to try this place when I lived in Monrovia, however, didn't have the opportunity. Gonna put this place on my "To do" list when I visit Monrovia again.

    After trying this place, I wish I live in Monrovia. haha...

    ReplyDelete