Friday, June 3, 2011

[Cook] Grilled Round Steak Dinner

I bought some round steak from Ralphs. It was labeled as "breakfast style". I think this is the kind of  steak you get when you order "egg and steak" at breakfast joints. The steak was cheap, and it also tasted cheap. The meat was tough even though it was cooked to medium. I didn't like the steak AT ALL! But Dr. P didn't mind it. He still finished the whole plate. What a good husband! haha....


Grilled Round Steak Dinner

To cook the steak, I buttered a hot grilled pan, seasoned the steak with grill seasoning for steak, and grilled each side for about 5 minutes.


The side veggies was made with sliced onion, sliced green bell pepper, and leftover baby carrot from the the night before. I sauteed the veggies with some butter, and seasoned with Lawry's seasoned salt.

Corn was cooked in boiling water, and seasoned with paprika.

It was a fast and easy dinner. I sliced the tough beef, and will use it with the leftover veggies and tortillas to make fajita (for Dr. P only haha...). It would be a good dinner if I got better cut of steak. I don't think I will buy round steak again. :-(

1 comment:

  1. You have to be creative with cheaper cuts of meat: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/08/fried-round-steak/
    Try this recipe and Google search for other ways to cook cheap cuts of all kinds of meat. It's fun and saves money!

    OMG That recipe looks sooooooo yummy!
    I've been reading Pioneer Woman's blog, too! I love her blog!
    After reading the recipe, I think I'll try round steak one more time. haha...
    Thanks for sharing the recipe with me, Julie!! :-)

    ReplyDelete