Wednesday, June 29, 2011

[Laguna Niguel] [Asian Fusion] Pick Up Stix

Pick Up Stix
27000 Alicia Pkwy #D
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949) 643-0779
http://www.pickupstix.com

Sister-in-law gave me a Pick Up Stix gift card a while back. It had been sitting in my wallet for a long time, and I almost forgot about it. I was deciding on a place to get takeout because I was feeling lazy and didn't want to cook. Good I found the gift card. I called ahead to place my order, and they told me it would be ready in about 15 minutes.


Firecracker Chicken ($7.69)
Our brand new dish Firecracker Chicken starts sweet and finishes with a spicy kick! You'll love it!

Firecracker Chicken was supposed to be spicy, but not really spicy. I guess nothing taste spicy to us anymore after eating so much Szechuan Chinese food. The chicken was tender, and slightly sweet. Portion was on the smaller side for this item for some reason.



House Special Beef with Vegetable ($9.69)
And we do mean special. A caramelized sauce of white wine, garlic and soy with green onions.

House Special Beef with Vegetable came with two really cute container. The portion was much much bigger than the firecracker chicken.



I like the variety of veggies in the dish. The beef was tender, but it had some kind of breading on the outside, which I didn't like too much.


Chicken Pad Thai ($7.29)
Rice noodles in a sweet & sour sauce with chicken, green onions, egg, peanuts and sprouts.

Chicken Pad Thai doesn't really taste like authentic pad thai, but I thought it still tasted pretty good. It just tasted like rice noodle with chicken and egg. I think it was missing the "red sauce" that they normally use with pad thai, although I have no idea what that red sauce is made of.



Overall, I thought their food was alright. Pei Wei tasted better, but I still enjoyed the food from Pick Up Stix. However, Dr. P hated it. He said everything tasted sweet and it was disgusting. He refused to eat it after a few bites so I ate Pick Up Stix for the next 3 days. Although food was just ok, service at the place was really good. The staff was super friendly. I still have a few dollars left on the gift card. Think I'll just go back by myself to get a lunch special or something. For Dr. P, it's going to be a "never" for this place.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I like the honey chicken.
    There is one right by the place I work.

    I'll try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are famous for the House Special Chicken and Cream Cheese Wonton while the rest on the menu was just meh. Maybe try those next time.

    I would think House Special Chicken tastes just like House Special Beef?
    Cream Cheese Wonton sounds pretty good. I'll try that next time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naw... the house special chicken is like general tso chicken... deep fried and then tossed in a sauce.

    I just remembered I had it before:
    http://www.eileenlikestoeat.com/2006/10/alhambra-asian-fusion-pick-up-stix/

    ReplyDelete