Thursday, June 16, 2011

[Los Angeles] [Brazilian] M Grill

M Grill
3832 Wilshire Blvd,#202
Los Angeles,CA 90010
(213) 389-2770
http://www.m-grill.com

I had a $25 for $50 voucher at M Grill that I bought from OpenTable Spotlight. The plan that day was to go to Beverly Center to do some shopping with my sister. It was a perfect time to use my M Grill voucher for dinner after our shopping trip. I made reservation for two. My sister was saying "I don't think you need reservation on a weekday." We were glad that we made reservation because this place was completely full with tons of people waiting outside the door on a Wednesday night.


Cheese Rolls

These small cheese rolls were seriously addicting. I couldn't stop eating them. It tasted like a cream puff but with melted cheese inside. So delicious.



Hot Sauce

There was a jar of hot sauce on the table. It looked spicy, and it WAS really spicy. I remember reading about how spicy food burns more calories. I hoped the super spicy hot sauce would help me not to gain so much weight from this all you can eat Brazilian BBQ dinner. Nope, that didn't work. I still gained a few pounds after this dinner.


Brasileirinha ($9.00)
Guava and Passion Fruit juice, Malibu rum, Grenadine

Sister ordered a cocktail, Brasileirinha. I had a sip, and it tasted just like guava juice.


All You Can Eat Brazilian BBQ Dinner ($39.99/person)

All you can eat dinner is $39.99/person. They have an early bird special between 5:30pm to 6:00pm for $31.99/person. Come early and you can save a few dollars. We went to the buffet area and got some salad and vegetables to go with the meat. We really liked their buffet. Everything was great.



Then the meat started coming. Most of the meat was beef. We had sirloin, skirt steak, beef ribs, garlic beef, ribeye, and filet mignon. The best one gotta be the filet mignon. It was the softest one. Some of the meat was really tough to chew. Overall we didn't really like the beef that much, except the filet mignon. We liked chicken thigh and lamb leg a lot though.



Lamb chop and chicken heart were by request only. You have to tell the server and they prepare in the back kitchen for you. It took about 20 minutes for them to bring it to our table, but it was worth the wait. Both items were really good.



We took a break from the meat, and hit the hot food buffet. The beef stew with red wine and braised pork ribs were both soooo good. My sister thought the braised meat was much better than the BBQ meat because it was really tender. I liked the hot buffet food, too. Creamed corn and collar greens tasted so good after eating way too much meat.



I also tried pork ribs (it was really tough), picanha (because the waiter told us it was their house special, and it was really hard to chew), and costelao (slow roasted beef, this one was really good). There were still so many meat items that we didn't try, but we just couldn't take any more meat. You know that kinda sick feeling you get after eating way too much meat? Yeah, it didn't feel good. The best item on the plate gotta be the pineapple with cinnamon. It was really juicy and sweet. Who knew BBQ pineapple could taste this good? I'm going to grill my own pineapple with cinnamon at home from now on.



I needed a little bit more veggies and fruit to get that "I ate too much meat" feeling to go away.



We didn't eat that much meat that day, and probably didn't get our money worth. But we still enjoyed the dinner. Their salad bar, cold food and hot food buffet were small, but everything was great. If you are a big meat eater, definitely check this place out.

1 comment:

  1. Eileen, have you tried Agora Churrascaria in Irvine? The food is good there, and the meats are also very juicy and tender (except for the pork, which they cooked it to death). The hot food and cold salads are also very tasty. It's good for a special occasion (but alas not cheap!) 一分錢一分貨.

    My other Q is simple - what software do you use to write Chinese? I finally got google translate to work but there has to be another way. Thanks for your help.

    I've heard of Agora Churrascaria.
    I saw their food pictures on Yelp, and I am really hungry now. haha...
    Yeah, it's a little pricy. But lunch price is not too bad.
    Maybe we'll go try their lunch one of these days.
    Thank you so much for the recommendation.
    I use the Chinese input built in Mac computer.
    If you're using PC, you can also use the Microsoft built in Chinese input.
    I think you find it under "Keyboard or Language" tab under Control Panel.
    The method I use is Zhuyin 注音.

    ReplyDelete