Thursday, March 1, 2012

[Rowland Heights] [Chinese] Haige Star Boulevard

Haige Star Boulevard
海哥星光大道
18438 E Colima Rd #105
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 839-2438

It was Valentine's Day, and Dr. P said I could pick any restaurant I want to go. I was seriously craving for hot pot. So first we went to The Red Pot in Garden Grove. The wait was 2 hours. I thought if I had to wait for 2 hours, might as well drive up to Rowland Heights then.

We called A-Lien Hot Pot to make a reservation. I told the guy who answer the phone that we are driving all the way up there from OC. He assured me that we would get a table when we arrive. When we got there, there was one empty table. I thought they left it for us. As we stood by the door waiting for the waitress to greet us, another couple walked in after us and just went straight to that table and sat down. We then told the waitress we had reservation. She just said, "Oh everyone has reservation." She asked us to sit at a big 10 people round table to wait. Then another couple came in. She sat them at another 10 people table in the back, and started serving them!! We were so unhappy with the bad service that we just got up and left. I heard A-Lien's food is good. But for that kind of service, I will never step in their door again.

We ended up going to Haige Star Boulevard because I remember they had spicy hot pot. But after looking over their menu, we decided to order some spicy dishes. Everything actually worked out because the food was super delicious!


茅台啤酒 Moutai Beer ($5.00)

We were ready to drink when we finally sat down at a restaurant at 9pm. They had a buy one get one free special on Moutai beer. I've never had this beer. It turned to be quite good. It was light and crisp.



麻辣花生 Spicy Peanuts

Free spicy peanuts to go with beer before our food came to the table.


烤羊肉串 Charbroiled Lamb on Sticks ($2.99)

Each order has 2 sticks. But Dr. P grabbed one before I could snap a picture. The cumin BBQ lamb was so full of flavor.


水煮兩樣 Spicy Beef and Fish ($13.99)

My mouth just started watering seeing this pic. This dish was SPICY and too good!!


麻辣肥腸 Spicy Pork Intestine ($9.99)

Spicy pork intestine was actually not spicy at all. It was slightly sweet. I still love it though.


蒜炒A菜 Stir-Fried A Choy w/ Garlic ($8.99)

Yum!


燒酒雞鍋 Chicken in Rice Wine Soup ($18.99)

LOVE this chicken soup!! I will definitely come back for more!



We really like this restaurant. Food was really good. Service was great also. The owner Haige came over to our table to introduced himself. He said he was originally from Szechuan. No wonder the food was authentic and delicious!



Where did you go for Valentine's dinner?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they saved the day. :). We went to playground for their famous burger and brussel sprouts. But now craving spicy asian so may have to try this.

    They sure did!
    Now I'm craving for spicy Asian too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete