Monday, March 26, 2012

[Irvine] [Taiwanese] Boiling Point

Boiling Point
沸點
14140 Culver Dr
Irvine, CA 92606
(949) 733-2211
http://www.bpgroupusa.com

We heard that Boiling Point added 3 new hot pots.



Taiwanese Spicy, Japanese Miso, and Thai Flavor. These are also $3 more than the other pots, but portion is also slightly bigger.



泰式香茅鍋 Thai Flavor Hot Soup ($14.99)

I ordered Thai Flavor Hot Soup. Lots of seafood, and the flavor of the soup is good. But it only came with one kind of vegetable, which was some kind of squash. It tasted good, but I just wish there were more variety of vegetables.


台式麻辣鍋 Taiwanese Spicy Hot Soup ($14.99)

Taiwanese Spicy Hot Soup was SPICY! We couldn't really eat the soup because it was too spicy. We had to bring it home and added water to it. But the food in the soup tasted great. Dr. P said he got a lot more meat than the regular hot pot.



Boiling Point has stamped cards. When you buy 10 pots, you get 1 for free. When you buy 5 drinks, you get 1 for free. On this visit, we got one free pot and one free drink. :-) I enjoyed their new hot pot, but my favorite is still the stinky tofu hot pot. I think I'll stick with that one next time.

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. The thai pot is so tasty. I think the "some kind of squash" is 香茅.


    香茅 is lemongrass.
    So it's not the squash looking/tasting vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen,
    My family 4 adults (age 38 to 66) and 1 child (age 5) will be going to Anaheim for Disneyland for 4 days.
    We're from the east coast - do you have a recommendation of places that we MUST eat at around the area? We love Sichuan/Japanese/Taiwanese/Catonese food.

    If you don't mind driving down to Irvine, definitely try Chong Qing.
    In Anaheim, we like Mas' Islamic.
    For Cantonese dim sum, you gotta go up to San Gabriel Valley. We love Lunasia.
    For Japanese, Sushi Shibucho has delicious traditional sushi. (Will write about this place soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tasty but too much MSG

    Yeah, I do get thirsty afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen,

    Thanks for letting me know there's MSG; guess I'll just have to make my own at home!

    Bara

    Yeah, unfortunately they use MSG.
    I think they use quite a bit too.
    Always get really thirsty, but it tastes so good though. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank yo so much Eileen. We can't wait to eat some real Chinese food in Cali.

    So excited!

    Enjoyed your time here in Cali!
    Weather has been really beautiful, too!!

    ReplyDelete