Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lobster Tails with Garlic Butter

One of my favorite supermarket in Irvine is Sprouts Farmers Market.  Their produces, meat and seafood always have high quality.  The market feels like a cross between Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.  I bought 4 lobster tails there.  The sale price was $2.99 each.


Lobster Tails with Garlic Butter

It was my first time cooking lobster tail.  I just cooked it like how I would cook shrimps.  haha....  I deshelled the lobster, and wrapped the lobster tails in foil with garlic butter.  Garlic butter was made with butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley.  Sprinkled some salt and pepper on the lobster tails, and baked at 450 degrees in the oven for about 12 minutes.  So the lobster tails turned out to be a little undercooked.  We had to pop it back into the microwave for a few seconds.  But the garlic butter was tasty.

I'm still not sure if I cook the lobster tails properly.  Should do some research on how to cook it....  Any suggestion for my next lobster tails dinner?

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was kinda weird when you took off the shell before cooking. Don't people usually cook it with the shell attached?

    I wasn't sure at all. I just thought the lobster tails I had in restaurants didn't have shell.
    Or maybe the meat was sitting on top of the shell? Hmmm.... I can't even remember now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! It is always so annoying when seafood is undercooked. Just happened to me last week.

    I agree with Dave, usually people cook lobster with shell attached, but with shell attached you sometimes have the problem of not being to easily remove the delicious meat.

    I see. I am going to do some research about the proper way to cook lobster.

    ReplyDelete