Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dinner at Jen and Peter's

Our friend Jen and Peter invited us over for BBQ dinner. They live two houses down from my parents' house. I knew Jen since I was 16. It was really funny how she ended up marrying a guy who lives two doors down the street. :-)


Ceviche

Jen made ceviche for appetizer. Lots of shrimp and fish. Very yummy.



Jalapeno Bread

Some super spicy jalapeno bread. It made me have runny nose.


BBQ Steak

The steak was cooked perfect. Great seasoning, and very juicy! Love it! Peter also made some yummy BBQ sausages. Corn with cajun spices was delicious, too. Jen also baked some yam in the oven.


Vietnamese Pancake

Peter's mom made us Vietnamese Pancake. I'm sure it has a proper name, but we just called it Viet Pancake. It was sort of like the Korean pancake, but crispier. Lots of shrimp and bean sprout.



We wrapped the Viet Pancake with lettuce and herbs, then dip in their homemade fish sauce. It was super good!



After dinner, the girls (and my Teddy) stayed inside and did our girl talks, while the boys were outside smoking cigar and talking about.... politics. Seriously, that was what they were talking about. We went outside to the yard to join them. Then we came back inside after listening to their conversation for like 1 minute. haha....

Good time! Thank you Jen and Peter for the wonderful dinner. Hope to do it again soon!

2 comments:

  1. The Vietnamese pancake is called Banh Xeo.

    Thank you, Angel!
    I love it! I'm going to look for that name on the menu next time I go to a Vietnamese restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, looks like a really yummy dinner at home. My family has the same bowl as your friend does in the first picture. lol!!! Very Asian huh? :)

    haha How funny!
    Yup, very Asian, and we're proud to be very Asian! ;-)

    ReplyDelete