Tuesday, August 2, 2011

[Cook] Salmon Taco

This was my semi-homemade Salmon Taco. The salmon was Trident Seafoods Wild Alaskan Salmon Burgers from Costco. I love the salmon burger, and always enjoyed it as a fish burger or sandwich. I had tomatoes, avocado, garlic and cilantro at home, so I thought about making fish taco that night. I went to the market, but none of the fish were on sale and everything seemed expensive. Then I thought of the salmon burger I had in my freezer. Why not try make fish taco with that? Dr. P loved it, and said it was better than fish taco in restaurants. haha... It was really yummy, and only took 15 minutes to make.


Salmon Taco

Trident Seafoods Wild Alaskan Salmon Burgers (from Costco)
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
A handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Corn tortillas


1. Cook the salmon burgers on stove top for about 10 minutes.
2. While the salmon burgers are cooking, mix tomatoes, avocado, garlic, cilantro, and olive oil together to make salsa. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Enjoy the salmon (cut into small pieces) and salsa with corn tortillas.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! i love that it's semi-homemade for busy people. we've been trying to eat out less to save $ and to lose weight and this is a great idea!

    It's super fast and easy, not to mention yummy as well. :-)
    Try it, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete