Wednesday, November 9, 2011

[Cook] Spaghetti with Cauliflower

I love cooking. I like cooking from scratch with fresh produce and meat. But sometimes when I am short on time, I'm glad we have a Trader Joe's near us. Trader Joe's semi-prepared food is really convenient to make a quick and easy meal.


Spaghetti with Cauliflower

I made Spaghetti with Cauliflower. Trader Joe's was serving Lobster Ravioli at the food sample counter. I really like the sauce they used, and the lady at the counter told me how she made it. I decided to add cauliflower to the spaghetti. It might sound like a weird combination, but it turned out pretty tasty.




Here are the ingredients: spaghetti, TJ's Marinara Sauce, TJ's heavy cream, white wine (get this at TJ for $2), and TJ's Cauliflower Romanesco Basilic.



Cook the spaghetti according to package direction. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. The sauce was made with one jar of marinara sauce, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup white wine.



Prepare the cauliflower according to package direction with... now comes the hard part.... microwave! haha...Then just toss everything together and you get Spaghetti with Cauliflower. You can cut the cauliflower to smaller pieces if you want.


Salad with Salami

I also bought a bag of TJ's salad. With the salami I had in my fridge, I made a quick salad to go with the spaghetti.

It took me maybe 15 minutes to put dinner together after a long day of work. Thank you, Trader Joe's!

 

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Meatless too. Wish i can get my son to eat spaghetti.

    Your son doesn't like spaghetti?
    What about macaroni and cheese?
    I think hiding veggies in kids favorite pasta is a great way to make them eat it. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice easy pasta dish! You can think of good combinations very easily I see.

    *"While the past is cooking," you mean "pasta" right? :)

    Oops. Thanks for the correction! :-)

    ReplyDelete