Monday, March 30, 2009

Last Day of Work

Today is my last working day at my current job. I am going to be laid off at the end of the day. Well, we actually found out the news 1.5 months ago. That was pretty nice of them to let us know early so we can start looking for the next job.

So what is my plan? I am planing to concentrate in school and collect unemployment money (thank you taxpayers!). I should be able to collect the money till next year. Then I graduate! Then I can find an animal job, one that I will really enjoy doing!

So please don't say "oh I'm sorry to hear about your layoff." I am actually quite happy about it. Seems like everything will work out perfectly fine. That's why they (<---- not sure who are they though) say "when a door closes, another door opens."

Now I can totally dedicated to school, sleep for 8 hours a day, go out for dinner and date, and have time to cook! I am so looking forward to 2am tonight when I get off work... for the last time! ^^

11 comments:

  1. 我也要當型男March 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM

    我倒是希望被lay off, 因為我想quit, 但覺得很難開口. 哈哈 (因為跟大家處的還不錯)

    而且自己quit了也沒有遣散費或是失業救濟金
    還是被裁員比較好哈哈哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can sleep during normal hours. And Alexander Graham Bell said those famous words. :P

    haha thanks for the info. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the Japanese lady that made you pay for the dessert in Gardena? Or that rude Korean guy, are you gonna miss them? =P

    Just think of this as a nice paid (via taxpayers) vacation =)

    Oh don't forget that evil crazy China lady!
    How I will miss them all.... haha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh I'm glad you have such positive outlook with a situation like this. I hope you'll enjoy studying and be able to find a job you enjoy!

    Yup, I'm feeling quite good about this whole thing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. your last job kept you until 2am, everyday? unbelievable...glad you got out of it...

    I worked from 5pm to 2am. So glad I don't have to do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh well Eileen, since TAXPAYER are going to pay you, you better come out some better review and cook swesome dish for us to get hungry!! Still all the best for you :)-

    K.J

    I probably won't be able to dine out as much as before.
    But I'll definitely cook more! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. more time for wontons!

    haha for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome news Eileen. Now you can come out and grub w/ all of us... btw, do you doggy sit?

    Oh YES! Doggy sit? You need a doggy sitter?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Eileen,

    Now you can have dinner with us! That is the positive thing I can think of. 8 hours is good! I don't do that often enough! LOL

    Dinner! Yeah~~~~ I'm gonna try to go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6am everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ET: I enjoy your food blog!
    Hope you are enjoying your new freedom w/o a regular job.

    haha I'm definitely enjoying it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've collected it for 10 weeks. Recently got a job..sigh..back to work!

    I'm still collecting it.... ^^

    ReplyDelete