Wednesday, June 20, 2012

[Rowland Heights] [Japanese] Kingswood Teppan Steak House

Kingswood Teppan Steak House
上林鐵板燒

18900 Gale Ave #B
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 912-1382

We went to Kingswood Teppan Steak House to celebrate my friend Sybil's birthday. This is a Chinese style Teppan house. They also serve spicy hot pot.


Soup

Our meal started with the standard Teppan soup.


Salad

And salad with ginger dressing.



We all ordered fried rice. The China Teppan chef made the fried rice into a heart shape. Along with the famous "volcano", these were the only two "tricks" he did for the night.


Fried Rice

Fried Rice tasted.... oily.


Seafood Combo

I ordered seafood combo with shrimp, scallop, and fish. The scallop was the best. I think this cost about $30. I was supposed to get some zucchini, onion, and bean sprout. But the chef started giving out veggies on the other side of the table. By the time he got to the last two people, which included me, HE RAN OUT OF VEGETABLES! What? He apologized, and went to the back and brought out two bottles of beer for me and my friends who didn't get vegetables. What what?? Ok.... that was strange. I guess beer is made of wheat and we'll just count that as vegetables then.



They treated the birthday girl a "fried banana boat". It was very very very very.... oily. The banana was sitting in thick yellow gross oil. I didn't see that when I grabbed a piece and put it in my mouth. I immediately had to spit it out.


Almond Tofu

We had almond tofu for free desert.



Chocolate cake from Porto's!


Porto's Chocolate Cake

Super delish moist and creamy chocolate cake!



Overall, I would say food was pretty bad at Kingswood. But when I am with my girls, I always have a good time. Happy birthday, my dear Sybil!!

2 comments:

  1. At least you guys have Porto's cake, hahaha!

    haha I know! That's the only good part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eileen :D

    Hugs & kisses~~~~

    ReplyDelete