Wednesday, June 6, 2012

[Irvine] [Japanese] Tokyo Table

Tokyo Table
2710 Alton Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92606
(949) 263-0000
http://www.tokyotable.com

We rested at home and let the food digest a bit before we head out to our next stop: Tokyo Table for happy hour.



Happy hour menu is different than last time I was there... which was almost 3 years ago? It's been awhile. haha...


Yogurt Chu-Hi ($4.00)

I asked our waiter what Chu-Hi is. He explained it is a Korean style drink made with soju. I haven't had yogurt soju for years. That was my favorite drink to get back in the k-town partying days. Tokyo Table's version is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than K-town version. It just tasted like really strong soju with barely any yogurt taste. It tasted more like a lemon soju. Maybe they did gave me lemon soju?


Fresh Homemade Tofu ($3.00)

Sister and I both thought Fresh Homemade Tofu was really good. The homemade tofu tasted better than store bought packaged tofu. A lot better! Mix with a bit of the sauce and topped with seaweed and green onion, it was a really healthy and delicious appetizer.


Chicken Dynamite ($4.50)

Chicken Dynamite was my sister's favorite. The chicken breast meat was tender. Lots of mushroom and broccoli. The baked mayo sauce was yummy. I probably could finish a bowl of rice with this dish.


Spicy Shrimp Summer Roll ($3.00)

Spicy Shrimp Summer Roll was perfect on a hot day. Lots of shrimp and crunchy fresh veggies.



After happy hour at Tokyo Table, we went to Stonefire Grill to get some tri tips and ribs. Unfortunately they were out of ribs. Also unfortunately, they were super busy and somehow food wasn't that good that night. I concluded that Tokyo Table was my favorite spot of the day, and my sister's favorite was Native Foods.

Man, we ate a lot! But it sure was fun. Next time we are going to do a San Gabriel Valley all day food tour. No wonder I'm fat.... but happy! haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment